[Gimp-user] Gradients

I have recently discovered that there is more to gradients in GIMP than I had previously thought: the different varieties of pre-sets, as well as the "off-set" tool. Are there any other cool tricks that anybody knows? How to make a new gradient of your own? Any other cool stuff? (Being able to manipulate gradients would be cool.)

I'm just an amateur, so I'm not trying to say new stuff needs to be added--I'm just trying to learn.

Thanks!
animatrix1490