Re: [Gimp-user] Troubles in the Toolbox

I know this doesn't solve your problem, but a handy shortcut to use to change the size of your brush (or pencil or whatever) are the bracket keys [ ] . The left bracket makes it smaller and the right one enlarges it.

Good luck!
mfisher

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Sue wrote:
> Hello :)  I am new to this list, so hello all!
>
> My problem is this.  I consider myself an intermediate user of GIMP.  I know
> the basics, can do some fun stuff with it, but a lot of the program goes
> unused.  I have left the toolbox and stuff as it comes on a fresh install.
> My problem is the "details" box I guess, is missing from the toolbox.  If I
> click on say, the paintbrush tool, I can change the shape of the tool, but
> not the size.  I used to be able to click to "paint under" and all sorts of
> neat stuff.  Now?  I can't change the size.

Windows > Dockable Dialogs > Tool Options

Does it help?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org