Re: [Gimp-user] [Gimp-developer] Added Bitcoin donation option

Michael Schumacher <schumaml gmx de> writes:

The fact that we got coins means that we can and have to think about
ways for transferring the donations to the GIMP account, which is
managed by the GNOME Fundraising team who are doing a good job at
that.

The most viable options for that seems to be Coinbase.com, despite my
mixed feelings about it:
https://plus.google.com/110300216597663852321/posts/hpT1oVVWu2g. My
main concern isn't that they aren't trustworthy, but that they may not
be able to uphold their promises and standards to keep that data safe.
Hunting lots of bugs in other software just drops your confidence
somewhat.

I notice WordPress uses BitPay:
https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-direct-deposit

I have no idea how they compare, but perhaps you could ask Automattic.

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C