Re: [Gimp-user] Creating Transparent WaterMark

You can create an image or text layer to hold your watermark. Once that's ready, set the opacity (a sliding bar found just above the layers) to whatever you'd like. If that doesn't quite create the effect you want, you can try adjusting the Mode (just above the opacity bar). Try combining them until you get what you're after.

Good luck!
MFisher