[Gimp-user] Post GIMP File Management, Organizing & Viewing/Simpler Alternatives & Options PLEASE READ & HELP!!! How Make .JPG Files More Like Tiles or Icons. Once Moved They Stay Set

I believe you are following a pretty good path, but one so far outside
the scope
of GIMP that the answers you've received so far are missing your main
goal.

You've used GIMP very effectively to capture your cards. What I
believe you
want to do next is reorganize them - and to update and change your
mind
about the organization whenever it feels right.

Jay is suggesting a data base approach - but it seems to me you just
want to
move things around by dragging them from one folder to another. Unless
you
have a way to capture the scribbles and interpret them, you most
likely will find displaying your folder contents as icons and dragging
them
from one to another is pretty much all you can do.

  -- Burnie

Thanks Burnie,

You said...."ay is suggesting a data base approach - but it seems to me you just
want to
move things around by dragging them from one folder to another. Unless
you
have a way to capture the scribbles and interpret them, you most
likely will find displaying your folder contents as icons and dragging
them
from one to another is pretty much all you can do."

Yes Burnie...You said it as simply as anyone, anywhere has said it yet. But HOW
do I do it, CAD package? Whatever that is, PaperPort however that works,
Daminion what is this? I already have all the best reviewed photo
management/viewing software already downloaded, now I just want to get started
and start scanning and making these drag and drop Object? files but I need to
know what to use that is the BEST until then I'm just sitting here waiting for a
solution.

Thanks Burnie,

FriendlyBeginner

--