Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP print

* Helen <etters h gmail com> [04-04-13 11:47]:
Printing a picture in landscape mode, with GIMP.

Picture has lakes, sky, trees, rooftops, mountains, etc.

In Gimp, some of the dark trees, and the dark areas of shrubbery around
a path, have big open white blotches.  After doing everything I know to
do in GIMP, I opened OOo, inserted the pictures into a frame, and
printed the picture.
The big white spots are missing, and the picture actually looks pretty
good.  This tells me (I think) that the problem is not the printer
(Epson Styus 1400) or the picture (I flattened it, thinking maybe
something about the layers might cause that problem.)
In Gimp 2.6, Suse 12,  I'm setting  Image Quality high, Color Precision
best, Print Quality high.
Oh, and these are not random white spots.  Each print (wasting lots of
ink and paper here) has the big white spots in the same places -- the
same trees, the same shrubbery, same shapes to the white blotches.
Any ideas?

Not w/o seeing the image, but please do not post it to the list.  Provide
a place for viewing the image.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member