Re: [Gimp-user] Funding a Microsoft developer

Hi Steve,

On Wed, 2013-04-03 at 13:38 -0400, Steve Kinney wrote:
Hey,

I wonder if it would be a good thing to do a Kickstarter type of
campaign, to raise money to hire a developer to work on integrating
the GIMP with Microsoft platforms, or to put bounties on solutions
for specific bugs/issues?

Have you heard of the website called FreedomSponsors? I think it is an
excellent place to put bounties on solutions for bugs, issues and
features. There is currently three bugs open for GIMP with bounties on:
http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/?s=&project_id=130&project_name=GIMP

If a developer were up for working on integrating GIMP with Microsoft
platforms, he could propose to work on a bug over at freedomsponsors
similar to how Nicolas Robidoux did:

http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/78/add-other-samplers-that-properly-reduce-downsample-and-warp-images

Just thought I wanted to chime in about that. :-)

Bastian