Re: [Gimp-user] interface to ufraw -- save options

On 09/21/12 16:48, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Gary Aitken wrote:

I'm trying to automate a process, and don't want to have to manually start ufraw.
I could start ufraw and use its "gimp" button to transfer
control to gimp, but that doesn't do what I want either --
if you tell ufraw to "save" to get the .ufraw file saved, it quits;
so then you can't transfer control to gimp.

Fundamentally, I want to do the following:

specify a set of raw file names to process
specify a destination directory
for each raw file:

a.  process in ufraw
  a1.    manual crop, etc., if desired
  a2.    save a .ufraw file in the source directory
b.  process in gimp
  b1.    manual manipulation if desired
  b2.    automatic resizing and sharpening, etc
  b3.    automatically generate a .jpeg file in the destination directory

Is there a reason you can't save .ufraw for each file, then run ufraw
in batch mode to create TIFF files for further editing with GIMP?

I'm wondering, because it's something I used to do a lot some 4 or 5
years ago, before darktable was conceived.

Thanks for the suggestion; a variant of that idea may work.