Re: [Gimp-user] HELP! What the EXPORT

On 09/21/2012 01:09 PM, scl wrote:
On 21.09.12 at 6:40 pm TinaBina wrote:
Help! I am trying to save a photo for a deadline and cannot export to
my computer as .jpg file to save to iPhotp.

When I go to export the screen (on Gimp) goes grey. The end. What can
I do to get these important pictures on my computer ASAP? Using Gimp
2.8.2 and newest version on MAC.

I am new to Gimp. I tried it once and hated it (that was over a year
ago) and I am not happy this time either. The editing is fine but the
pictures are useless if I cannot access them.

Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions.

Hi TinaBina,

GIMP on Mac has sometimes the bad habit to open dialog windows in the
background. Maybe one of them is open and needs to be confirmed or
canceled first. If the error occurs again, press F9 to see the Exposé
view or press Cmd+Tab to switch through the open windows. Then confirm
or cancel the hidden dialog window.
If that's not the solution: what's your Macs version and where exactly
did you get GIMP from? Are there any error messages shown on the screen
and if yes what's their exact text?

Kind regards,

Sven

While my comment is not Mac specific, and not necessarily even Gimp related...

I have seen similar strangeness -- with similar causes as to
what Sven is saying -- on Ubuntu Linux KDE desktop environment.

In addition to trying the methods Sven has mentioned, I have sometimes had to go through and _minimize_ all visible windows, one by one, until I find a window or dialog that is open, but not showing up in the task bar or by ctrl-tab, etc.

Again, I am not saying there is a Gimp problem on Linux in this regard, but I am pointing out that the technique of minimizing windows can sometimes expose a window or dialog that you did not know was present.

Best of luck to you.

Jay