Re: [Gimp-user] Print shops & file formats

On 09/13/2012 04:32 AM, Steve Kinney wrote
On 09/12/2012 09:50 AM, jfrazierjr nc rr com wrote:

[...] Ask how many print shops support psd files but not xcf?
Hi
This is not THE problem. They accept all other formats, png, tiff, etc
would bet that number would be>  20:1 and one way to change that
would be to try to push the xcf usage among professional artists

I agree with you but the Gimp team target is the opposite. Le last change concerning "save save as" function in Gimp-2.8 is not ergonomic at all. This is done so that amateur users do not lose work. I heard to say here that some people don't save their work... So the Gimp developers separate the function "save save as" into two functions according to the file type, .xcf or not xcf.
I think that Gimp will stay a software for amateurs.
Greetings

--
Maderios

"Art is meant to disturb. Science reassures."
"L'art est fait pour troubler. La science rassure" (Georges Braque)