Re: [Gimp-user] Save Export Complaints

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM, maderios <maderios gmail com> wrote:
I use .xcf files but my friends, my family members and most people, I think,
don't use .xcf. They need an image editor, not an xcf editor.
People will leave the world of free software to turn to proprietary.
Gimp is no longer the "universal Swiss army knife " of image editing, it's a
fact.

GIMP has not lost any capability, all it has done is re-arrange some
capabilities for greater consistency - as well as opening up for
extending the capabilities of XCF - like storing undo history and more
thing that make less sense for the external formats.

For GIMP it is a good thing that people take changes personally - it
means they care deeply about GIMP and how they use it, make it seem
unlikely that they switch no matter how much venom they directed at
the volunteers that spend their time actually making it happen. :)

/Ø