[Gimp-user] problem with openraster plugin in GIMP 2.8.2

GIMP creates a file with .ora extension, but it's, obviously, corrupted -
MyPaint, Krita and GIMP itself
won't recognize it as such ('unknown file extension' kind of error
messages).
GIMP 2.8.2, Windows-64bit here.
My old ORA files created with MyPaint and Krita or 2.6/2.8.0 versions of
GIMP load without problem.
Plugin itself can be ruled out as a culprit, for I have swapped it around.
Is anybody else having the same problem or is it just me?
Windows, Linux users? Mac OS? GIMP 2.8.2 version only.
Any feedback in this regard will be much appreciated.
Thanks,

-----
Nik O.
Никита Омуль