[Gimp-user] Problem with TIFF images in GIMP 2.8

Hi folks, I'm trying to work with TIFF images got from Image Pro Plus but
GIMP 2.8 doesn't open them, I found that's a problem related to Image Pro
Plus because misses some tags. Also, I tried with ImageMagick using:
<snip>

If you use IM identify -verbose you get

Image: prueba_1.tif
 Format: TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
 Class: DirectClass
 Geometry: 1392x1040+0+0
 Resolution: 300x300
 Print size: 4.64x3.46667
 Units: PixelsPerInch
 Type: TrueColor
 Base type: TrueColor
 Endianess: MSB
 Colorspace: RGB
 Depth: 12-bit............

AFAIK tthat is the problem,  12 bit image, I would ask on the IM forum for advice on conversion.

A quick test and the absolute minimum IM command is
convert prueba_1.tif -depth 8 new.tif
this opens ok here in Gimp 2.8

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)