Re: [Gimp-user] trial fit new colours on car picture

On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 15:03 +0200, wallisonline wrote:

I have myself a picture of my kitcar which I am looking to change the
colour of however I want to preview a selection of colours using GIMP
to see how they look on the car.

I'd probably try select by colour first, and/or the fuzzy wand.
Investigate the litle slider in tool options for how exact the colour
march has to be. If you get the whole car selected, grow the selection
by a few pixels and feather it, and then you can go to
colours->map->wheel and "rotate colours".

The layer mask solution is a good one but it's fairly sophisticated to
start with.

The "Beginning GIMP" book has a lot of really good tutorials, I'd
recommend it as an introduction.

Liam