Re: [Gimp-user] Accurate printing and adjustments

On Wed, 2012-10-24 at 08:43 -0500, Dwayne Julin wrote:
Operaing system  Vista Home Prem. (I know... I know....)
Printer is an Epson Artisen 810
Sock color Dark blue - (today)
Got GIMP 2.6.11 from the Official GIMP website (link to windoz installer)

OK, so now we know we're on Windows and not Linux or Mac. Thanks.

I am using it because I dont use it often and have a lot of add-ons
for video and animation installed. Hate to mess with yet another
learning curve and this computer - its all I've got.  I have also read
a lot about the next version that was coming out (after 2.6) talking
about limiting file handing to GIMP's "native" format and restricting
older image file formats.
This is not correct, there was just a change to the menu item and the
keyboard shortcut, GIMP still works with other file formats.

  2.6 worked for me but has never printed the way I like or think it
should. I'm just trying to see if there is a problem with my installed
version of GIMP or if its a bug in its code. For instance - not being
able to change to landscape.  The printer seems to work with all other
software installed and individual program settings do change to
landscape.
On Linux I can print in landscape just fine. I don't have a Windows
system here to try that, I'm afraid, but I recently heard that there are
some problems with print under Windows for GIMP. The main developers use
Linux, so unless the problems get reported in detail by Windows users,
no-one knows there's a problem... it may be that someone else can
answer. I'm guessing you are using the Windows driver that came from
Epson.

(also, I can't currently send mail to hotmail addresses from this
account so Dwayne probably won't see this reply, I'll send a private
copy)

BTW: to properly address a question to the group - I use the subject
line of the email to pose the question?

The subject line should be a short summary of the question, which is
then repeated in more detail in the message, along with all the
information someone might need to be able to answer it.