[Gimp-user] Engraving effect?

I have done all sorts of things and most of the time, what I can't do is usually limited by my own
imagination.  But in this case, I'm not sure it's my imagination lacking.

If you have ever taken a close look at printed currency, there is usually a particular style of engraving
that goes on there.  It follows the contours of the image being presented, for example.  In the past, I have
put my face on a $100 bill but with limited success in terms of how realistic the results were.  In my view,
the results were not so great because the filters I applied to my face image were of a different style and
definitely did not look like money engraving.

Anyone have any knowledge of filters and/or techniques which can produce the desired effect?

--
erroneus (via gimpusers.com)