[Gimp-user] Error 17718 when opening a file

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 10:23:28 +0200, Martijn wrote:

- What went wrong?

You were working with a format that's not fully supported in GIMP.

- How can I prevent it from happening again?

Always save to .xcf, and only export to other formats if you need to open
the file in another program.

Thanks for the answers on the first 2 questions. I hereby promise that I will never use this format with GIMP
again. :)

Any clues on how I can repair the corrupted file? (Note: Upgrade to version 2.8.2 did not solve the issue)

--
Martijn (via gimpusers.com)