[Gimp-user] Is it possible to access the capabilities of gimp in Java?

Ofnuts wrote:
On 05/31/2012 03:14 AM, stephen wrote:
On 05/31/2012 02:33 AM, stephen wrote:
Hello,

Does Gimp offer an interface (dll) which will allow me to access it
capabilities through java or c++?
There is  a C interface, and there is a Python interface which is quite
powerful.

Hi,

I see the following possibilities:
1. There is a Java wrapper for GIMP, see http://jgimp.sourceforge.net/,
but this project hasn't been active for a long time.
2. A still existing way is to use the Java Native Interface (JNI), which
lets you call C/C++ functions from Java and vice versa.
3. GIMP has a built-in script-fu server which interpretes GIMPs plugin
language, a Scheme dialect. You could connect to it over a socket from
an arbitrary language and control GIMP remotely, although it's a bit
oversized if you could call GIMPs functionality directly from within
your program.
4. IMHO you should be able to access C from C++ by including the C
header files, but I haven't tried this for GIMP yet.
5. If you're only interested in accessing GIMPs graphics core, then you
could use a wrapper around the GEGL library. A Java language binding has
yet to be developed.

Best regards,

grafxuser

Great!  I look into those. Thanks.