[Gimp-user] jpeg files not recognised

Do you take picture in RAW format? If this is the case you could install
UFRaw.

2012/3/7 autolisp <forums gimpusers com>

All of a sudden my jpeg.jpg images are generating a popup message saying
they are an unrecognised file type! I'm using GIMP 2.6.12. I cleaned my
system. Rebooted - no joy. I uninstalled GIMP - rebooted - reinstalled GIMP
- no joy. Any suggestions.

--
autolisp (via gimpusers.com)

Thanks for the reply.
No. They are 'straight' jpegs. I have opened images previously with 6.2.11 without problems!

Well I installed UFRaw but it made no difference. Just to be sure it was not my pc I opened several jpeg/jpg
files in other applications without any problems! None of them will open in GIMP! So I think the problems
lies in this application. If I cannot get a solution soon it will be unstalled permanently from my system.
That would be a pity beacuse it has a lot of good points. By the way. I'm using WinXP SP3 and all the latest
updates.

--
autolisp (via gimpusers.com)