Re: [Gimp-user] Switching to Mac, any advice?

On 3/5/12 11:13 AM, Daniel Smith wrote:
Hi all.
I'm switching from Gimp on Windows to a Mac.
(It's an older one, a G5 tower with Leopard only,
but it's nice to be back on a Mac again.)
Before I just download and install without
thinking, I thought I might ask anyone for
advice they might give for the best install for mac,
or perhaps any packages on mac that are better
or features not available on Windows, etc?
Thanks for any ideas.
Daniel

I had problems getting it to run on this Mac, the 2nd time I installed it. I got no help/solutions from this list, nor the Gimp on OS X (might not be quite the right name) website.

The folks that solved it were on Apple's X11 mailing list.

So, if you have trouble, and it looks like it might be X11, I'd think I'd go to the X11 mailing list first, and make sure X11 is getting installed correctly.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 10.0.2