Re: [Gimp-user] moving floating layers

On 03/03/2012 02:25 PM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
"Dan ."<sustainable ecodesign gmail com>  writes:

Hi Kevin,

 From my experience, after pasting a new object in order to create a new layer, in the
layers menu there should be Floating Selection ("pasted Layer") like Burnie wrote. For
me, I right-click the "pasted layer" and select "New Layer", and the pasted object shows
up as a new layer. From there, I make sure I deselect everything (SELECT>  NONE), and
then use the move tool (making sure the cursor is over the pasted object) to click on
the object in your new layer in order to move it. Hope that is of some help.
You can move it first too though (then press ctrl+shift+N to turn it
into a regular layer). I find that quicker, but whatever floats your
boat. Layer. Whatever.

In my experience, there are many instances wherein actions involving a Floating Selection behave differently than those involving individual (properly "anchored") layers. I chose to describe this approach because Kevin had (possibly) run into such a case.

  - Burnie