[Gimp-user] What I think of Gimp 2.8

Hello,
I'm a french user of Gimp, using it for myself and teaching beginners to use it in my job .

I want to join this users list because it's seems not so easy to say on http://www.gimp.org/ what we think about a new version, when it's not a real bug but only an inconvenience.  On french sites about Gimp, it's not sure developpers will see it one day !

I was happy after updating to 2.8 on Windows because it seems my Wacom tablet (Bamboo fun) is more recognised by Gimp.
On version 2.6, I could use it but not make variations according to pressure. So now my Wacom tablet works a little better but the interface has become more complicated. There are too much options, may be.

I need mostly size and opacity according to pressure of the wacom pen, eventually angle and color. Other options are less important.
As I'm french, I'm very, very lost in the many options proposed in version 2.8 for the brush dynamics (in english for us also). The french version still use many english words, will it be better soon for us, poor frenchies ?

Documentation on http://docs.gimp.org/fr/gimp-using-variable-size-brush.html#gimp-using-variable-size-brush-varying  is not updated so I don't know how to do.

Small bug : When I take my bamboo pen down, variation of pressure seems to be taken into account, but not when I take it up. The drawing ends abruptly, whatever my movement is.

I'm also not very happy of the new presentation for the change of brush's size. As we say in France, it was better before !

On Ubuntu 10.04, my wacom tablet is not recognised, I must update to 12.04 but it seems difficult to get Gimp 2.8, as I saw on the forums, so I prefer to wait a little. What a pity !

I like very much UI Brainstorm but is there a way to make notations or comments of the propositions, to know what please most the users ?

--
Laurence Veron-Dor