From: isis feral <isisferal yahoo com>
Subject: How to stop automatic updates, and return to previous version?
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Date: Thursday, 21 June, 2012, 11:24 PM

I just opened up GIMP and to my horror it had been changed completely without my consent.

First question: I assume this was some sort of automatic update. How do I turn that off, so that I have control over whether or not I want to update?

Second question: How do I go back to the previous version? I absolutely HATE this new version of GIMP. I can't find basic functions, because they've been moved.

I was trying to do a quick project, and I really don't appreciate being forced to learn a whole new set up. I'm appalled to find that my program's been changed without giving me any choice in the matter, and then having to sign up on a listserve to fix the problem. Why not set up a forum, where we can subscribe to just the thread that's relevant to us? My love affair with GIMP appears to be coming to a swift end here....

Thanx for any insight to help make this functional for me again.