Re: [Gimp-user] Linux philosophy - Maximum efficiency/minimum input

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM, drankinatty wrote:

I've marveled at the philosophy of doing the greatest amount of work with
a minimum of keystrokes and mouse clicks. That was the hallmark of linux
software design for ages.

No, it was a delusion :)

"Simply put, we know that GIMP's UI still sucks in many respects." (c) Enselic

Same person who introduced the save/export change, btw.

There was years of work that went into the design of the elegant 2.6
handling of open/save of files.

Not considered elegant by developers, obviously :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org