Re: [Gimp-user] gimp 2.8

On Sat, 2012-06-16 at 14:13 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
My new Fedora 17 installation says it has gimp 2.8.

But the changes I've seen described for gimp 2.8 are not apparent.

The interface seems unchanged with multiple windows.

It does seem that you can set a single window interface.

Also, supposedly there is an Image>Precision Menu item  which allows me
to set the precision.  I don't have that.

On the other hand, when I load a 16 bit image, I don't get a notice
about conversion to 8 bits per channel, and a calculation suggests that
each pixel takes up six bytes.

What is going on?  When can I exect additional changes?

--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University