[Gimp-user] Back to gimp 2.6 (finding a debian repository or compiling ?)

Dear all:
The new save/export behavior of Gimp 2.8 is REALLY hard to adapt for me when dealing with non-XCF images.
I want to downgrade to 2.6, but Debian (both  wheezy and sid) had already upgraded 2.6 to 2.8.
Do any Debian user here know where to find a debian repository that provide packages of gimp-2.6 (for wheezy/sid)?
Or anybody know how to compile 2.6 on Debian (wheezy/Sid) step by step?

Thanks a lot~

Best Regards,