[Gimp-user] Can Gimp do a batch Colorize operation?

Hi all, I am trying to modify a set of icons for the status bar of my cell phone.  I have tried Paint.net
(recommended by many themers) but the color never looks right.  I can colorize the icons individually but
that will take a long time to do all 71 icons.  I tried using a macro to run Gimp and repeat the task on a
loop but the "Export Image as PNG" dialog box keeps opening under the stack of Gimp windows and messes the
macro up.

I've search the web but haven't found an answer to my question or a solution to my problem.

Is there any way to change the color of multiple .png files as a batch operation?  Any help would be
appreciated.  I am on Windows 7 if it matters.

Thanks in advance.

There is a recent batch plugin, BIMP see:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/26259

Might work in Win7, there was some problem with win themes, might be fixed now. Colorize works and changing
name/output/type if required.

screen shot http://i.imgur.com/oiFhw.jpg

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)