[Gimp-user] Bug in Cage Transform Tool

Hello, I´ve encountered a critical bug when using the cage transform tool.
It works on a background layer, but the tool always fails usirng it in an image with two layers with alpha transparency file format xcf). The tool does most of it´s work, but when rendering the transformed part of the image and coming to an end, it quits with an error message of the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
I have tried several times, always with the same result. Any ideas?
Regards

Klaus Gölker
Stolzingstr. 21
81927 München