Re: [Gimp-user] gimp 64-bit

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 12:55 AM, John <jw72253 verizon net> wrote:

"Partha Bagchi" <partha1b gmail com> wrote in message
news:<CAOW9c=9ZJgJ3o_jN53nFbmX2uiHLcvfZpRb4w=8ADKuoUvvLGQ mail gmail com>...

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM, John A. Wallace <jw72253 verizon net>
wrote:
Hello, Greg. I was afraid of that. Looking around was chaotic. I suppose
will have to work with the 32-bit version. No problem. It works great as
it
is, and I am not complaining. Just got a new system, and I am hoping to
find
as many 64-bit versions of the programs as I can. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Chapman [mailto:gregtutor yahoo co uk]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 2:56 AM
To: John; gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gimp 64-bit

On 08 Jun 12 05:38 "John" <jw72253 verizon net> said:
Hello. I am looking for the official 64-bit version of Gimp for
Windows. Is there such a thing and where is the link?

There is no "official" version of any Windows version. See:

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

and as far as I know no volunteer makes a public 64bit version >
available.

Greg Chapman
http://www.gregtutor.plus.com
Helping new users of KompoZer and The GIMP

This is not true at all. Gimp 64 bit for Windows is provided through 2
sources. One is the official Gimp version provided by Ender and the
other is the unofficial version provided by me.

Partha.

Hello, Partha. I appreciated getting the information. I have found your
site. Does your 64-bit version have any prerequisites beside the 64-bit OS
itself?  Perhaps a 64-bit installation of Python?  Also, where can I find
Ender's version so that I can look it over too?  Thanks.

- john

Hi John,

My version has no pre-requisites. It comes bundled with 64-bit python.
No need to install anything separately. Download the installer and
double-click. If you wish, download the "Useful Plugins" which
contains GMIC, resynthesizer, wavelet-*, etc., a total of 17 plugins
useful for photography.

Ender is the maintainer of the official version. To download the
official version, go to the Gimp website and click on download windows
versions. The actual process might be slightly different.