[Gimp-user] How do you use a tablet to draw in GIMP?

When I move the mouse over the canvas with the paintbrush tool selected I get
a small dashed rectangle around the tip of the mouse cursor indicating where
the ink will go when I click the mouse button, but this dashed rectangle
disappears when I use the stylus pen, even though I have the paintbrush tool
selected.  The Device Status dialog does update as I select tools with the
stylus pen, I just can't make any marks on the canvas.

Which version do you use? I noticed the same behaviour with GIMP 2.8 when I enabled my stylus. I use a Genius
EasyPen i405 (UC-Logic Technology Corp. Tablet WP5540U), everything is fine with GIMP 2.6, but 2.8 gives
exactly the same behaviour.

--
Udi (via gimpusers.com)