Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP brushes for map making

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Noel Stoutenburg <mjolnir ticnet com> wrote:
I'm seeking recommendations of GIMP brushes to use in making maps. I'm more
interested in roadmap style, with different styles of lines to represent
different characteristics of highways, crosshatched lines to represent
railroads, etc. I'm less interested (at the moment, anyway) in texture
brushes one might use on other styles of maps, e.g., stylized mountains,
trees to represent forests, etc.

I'd think these would be common, and simple to find, but at this point this
does not seem to be the case.

I would suggest using something like Inkscape or Illustrator for this.

Chris