[Gimp-user] Re : HATE the new save vs. export behavior

Ofnuts wrote:

Saving to JPEG from Gimp is more like exporting to PDF from OO (that,
incidentally, OO calls "export").

the difference is the PDF format is not supposed to be edited any further (even though there is a plugin for
importing PDF, with many limitations, into openoffice). Png and Jpeg can be imported and exported into Gimp
because it's a tool designed for this.

Btw, Inkscape only has a "save" option, for exporting to pdf, ai, svg etc.

I discovered another strange behavior with this "export" feature in Gimp, let's suppose I have a big JPG file
(let's call it MyPicture.jpg), I want to resample it and save as PNG format (for a logo for example):

when loading the file into gimp, now I have the name [MyPicture] (imported) at the top, and MyPicture.jpg in
the status line, at the bottom. Then I export it into png: [MyPicture] is replaced by Untitled (exported). So
I know it has been exported, but I don't get the name in the title bar. BUT the MyPicture.jpg is still in the
status line. Why? Now this file has nothing to do with the original jpg file. To get the name of the
previously exported PNG file, I need to click in the File menu, and read "export to MyPicture.png". That's
not really logicial.