Re: [Gimp-user] It's possible to duplicate and move a guide (guide line) with Gimp 2.7 ?

On 01/05/2012 04:35 PM, Stephane Klein wrote:
Hi,

I wonder if in Gimp I can duplicate and move (shift forward) a
guide (guide line) ?

Example, I put a horizontal guide on my view.
Now I would like to append another horizontal guide 30px below the
previous guide.

I didn't found this feature in Gimp 2.7.4

Hey Stephanie

In cases like this I often find myself making a rectangular
selection that shares one side with the existing guide line, and
using the tool options dialog for the selection tool to make the
selection as many pixels wide or tall as needed.  Then I just drag a
new guide in and match it to the edge of the selection.  If you are
used to zooming and panning with the keyboard and mouse wheel,
pinpoint accuracy is no problem.

If you don't mind a few extra guides appearing, you can also do
"Image > Guides > New Guide From Selection" to place new guide lines
on the edges of your adjusted rectangular selection.  "Image >
Guides > New Guide" may also be even more useful, as it allows you
to specify in pixels where the new guide will land on the canvas.

:o)

Steve