[Gimp-user] Hosed upgrade

I had successfully installed gimp 2.7.4.1.  Today when doing a dist-upgrade, it deleted gimp and now I can't reinstall it!.

I'm getting this message:

 gimp : Depends: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.31.2) but 2.30.0-0ubuntu4 is to be installed

I was not able to fix the broken package with Synaptic, either.

Can anyone give me a tip as to how to proced from here?

Thanks,
Dick