Re: [Gimp-user] Picure database

Another vote for Digikam

On Fri February 10 2012 10:41:06 Frank Gore wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 4:08 AM, hanSven <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I plan to use Gimp as my preferred tool for picture editing. But then i
need another tool for organazing photos with tags and ratings. What
tool do you recommend that mix well with Gimp? For example I want to
doubleclick in the organizer tool to start to edit in Gimp.
By far my favourite organizing tool is Digikam. Works on both Linux
and Windows (not sure about Mac). Full tagging and rating support, as
well as metadata searches. Supports all image formats, including RAW.
And considering the slowdown in development of UFRaw, having a good
RAW developing app can be very helpful. This one supports all current
formats. It also includes tools for doing all kinds of things that
Gimp can't, like exposure blending. For everything else, you just
right-click on the image and select "Edit in Gimp".

--
Frank Gore
THE place to talk photography!