Re: [Gimp-user] how to change stepsize for stroke path with pencil?

On 12/27/2012 08:56 AM, Santi M.H. wrote:
Hello,

I'm using gimp 2.8.2 on debian wheezy and have a little problem, which can be
reproduced like this:

File -> New (image size 640x400)
Ellipse selection tool   60/60   500x280
select -> to path
select -> none
Pencil tool settings:
     mode: normal
     opacity: 100.0
     Brush: 2. Block 01
     Size: 80
     aspect ratio: 20
     angle: -45
Edit -> Stroke Path (stroke with a paint tool -> Pencil)

At the top and bottom of the ellipse the outline is discontinued.

With View -> Zoom: 800% the stepsize for the applied pencil can be counted. I
count a gap of 8 pixels, but I found no way to configure the stepsize.
I'd like to have the pencil applied each pixel along the path. Is there a way
to achieve this?

This is the "spacing" of the brush. Open the Brushes list: click on the brush icon in the Tool options, then on the brush icon at the bottom of the list, or Windows/Dockable dialogs/Brushes, the use the "Spacing" slider.