Re: [Gimp-user] Printing with gimp 2.8 to epson artisan 710

On 13.12.12 at 2:17 PM parsons75 wrote:

I've installed gimp 2.8 on a windows 7 x64 machine and have an epson artisan
710 printer. When trying to print from gimp I can set all of the preferences
in the epson print driver, through the file>print menu, for photo printing
4x6 using the photo tray but for some reason the printer only prints to the
8.5x11 tray. The picture is not the correct size and is printed on the paper
in an orientation that almost looks like a print preview. Meaning even if I
loaded a 4x6 photo paper in the main tray it would not print correctly.

This is a known issue in GTK+, an underlying library which for instance handles printing for GIMP. You find a list of printing related bugs in GTK+ on Bugzilla [1]. To stay informed about updates and to give the developers are more complete view of the bug it was nice if you registered at Bugzilla and reported your problem at the appropriate bug report.

I have tried to install guten print for windows but it crashes gimp. I
assume this is a conflict with the dll files copied into the plugin folder.

Gutenprint for Windows is a separate plugin, that is not shipped with GIMP. Please report this to the Gutenprint plugin developer [2].

> I can print using Picasa and windows photo viewer just fine.

Yes, exporting the image to for instance PNG format and print it with another program is a workaround till the bug in GTK+ is fixed.

Kind regards,

Sven

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;order=Importance;short_desc=print;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO;longdesc=orientation%20size;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr;classification=Platform;product=gtk%2B;longdesc_type=anywordssubstr

[2] http://registry.gimp.org/node/14567