Re: [Gimp-user] On-Screen Pen and GIMP

On Sun, 2012-12-02 at 09:58 -0800, Tu-Anh wrote:
I'm not comfortable with the mouse for freehand selection.

Do you know if Gimp is compatible with "on-screen writing pen" like PT Pen
or Duo Pen (http://www.edsoft.com.au/pt-pen) ?

Their Web page includes a zip file to download drivers for a specific
Ubuntu GNU/Linux™ release; I didn't check to see if source is included
so that one could recompile for other Linux distributions if needed, or
could make changes (e.g. for another kernel).

So it would depend on which Linux distribution you're using to run GIMP,
probably, but you could try.

When you ask hardware compatibility questions you can only ever get an
answer based on the operating system, version and configuration that you
are using. The best approach is often just to try it!

Liam