[Gimp-user] GIMP Magazine Launches September 5 2012

Hi,

I'm Steve from a brand new publication called "GIMP Magazine".  I am writing to tell you about our upcoming launch of our magazine including a launch party event.

GIMP Magazine features the amazing works created from this world wide community.  Photography, digital arts, graphic arts, web design, tips & tricks, step by step tutorials, master classes, help desk questions, product reviews and so much more are showcased and explored in this quarterly publication.  This publication is available for free and is licensed Creative Commons CC-AT-SA 2.5.

GIMP Magazine launches to the world on September 5, 2012 when people can:

We will be  hosting a launch party on the popular Canadian Technology and Pop Culture Podcast called Dyscultured.  Everyone is invited to attend this event and meet some of the GIMP Magazine team members, ask questions, and provide suggestions for upcoming issues!  The event will be LIVE to the world!  The GIMP Magazine team and the Dyscultured crew will also be in the chat, powered by none other than the open source Mibbit and IRC.  Yeah, the Dyscultured crew is all about the Creative Commons, open source, and all that!  So please attend and have some fun with a bunch of Canadians eh!

Starting at Issue #2 we are planning to make the magazine also available in print format, as well as specialized digital formats for tablet devices.  We are deep into the creation of Issue #2 that is tentatively scheduled for December 2012.  Submissions for Issue #2 will close September 30 2012. Issue #2 is filling up fast so use our new form and get your submissions in soon! http://gimpmagazine.org/submissions

We would greatly appreciate it if you could help spread the word to your community, as I know they would find this free resource invaluable.  Posted on our website is our logo and a launch party graphic if you want to include it in a tweet, a blog post, story article, or simply forward this to your team.

Follow the discussions at:

Website http://gimpmagazine.org

Twitter www.twitter.com/GIMPMagazine

Google+ (+GIMP Magazine)