Re: [Gimp-user] A plug-in for those who still don't like the new Save/Export

* Akkana Peck <akkana shallowsky com> [08-19-12 14:53]:
I had wondered why the PDB call gimp-file-save required a drawable
(layer) argument. It looks like, when exporting to formats like jpeg
which can't handle multiple layers, gimp-file-save uses that
argument to decide which layer to save. That also explains why,
in GIMP 2.6 and earlier, we had to go through that extra step of
flattening the image if it had multiple layers before it could be
saved to jpeg.

To get around that, the plug-in would probably have to have some
of extra logic:

wouldn't it be more simple to flatten everything rather than ...  ?

or should I remount the *dummy hat*  :^)

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member