Re: [Gimp-user] How to round all square corners?

On 08/05/2012 03:21 AM, helices wrote:
Hi!

Suppose we have a standard QR code composed of hundreds of squares and their hundreds of square corners. (e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code)

How can I get Gimp to round all of the internal and external square corners - let's say to a 10 pixel radius?

Thank you.

If ever I can be of service to you, contact me at once.

I hope that you have a truly extraordinary day ...

- Filters/Blur/Gaussian blur->10px
- Colors/Treshold

But:
- won't blur anything where you have two black and two white square in the diagonals -output is a bit jaggy, you'll have better results scaling up 2x, blur 20px, threshold, blur 2px, scale down 2x

http://i.imgur.com/LBlAx.png

The Wikepedia example is an SVG vector graphic, if you start from such it is possible to write a script that rounds the corners very accurately.

A completely different look:
- generate a square with rounded corners which is the size of your QR-code unit squares.
- Bucket-fill a layer using it as a pattern
- Use the QR-code as a layer mask