Re: [Gimp-user] Filtering mailing list

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 04:53:09PM -0400, Mike Williams wrote:
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog gmail com> wrote:

    Filter on "List-Id:", not "To:".

    HTH,
    Chris

Filtering on the subject also works since all of the messages from the list
contain:
[Gimp-user]

I have had problems with that in the past. Especially if you want to keep
personal directed mails and mails to the list seperated.

I also prefer the setting that replies go to the list by default. It is
much more logical as people extremely seldom will NOT want people to know
what they reply. It means that many people will send it to a person by
accident and thus not participate in the discussion.

Also if I get a personal reply on lists where it isn't the default, I am
never sure if it was intended for me alone or if it was a mistake and
intended for all. In 100% when I botherd to ask it was intended for the
list. Once it wasn't and the person told me that, so I did not need to
ask.

So it would be nice if that would be the default. Yes, I am aware on how
to send it to the list. Still a reply to the list is more logical as that
is what people would want to do in the first place.

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following:
  Artist : Leaves Eyes