Re: [Gimp-user] Tweaking performance
- From: Rob Antonishen <rob antonishen gmail com>
- To: peter kostov <gimp light-bg com>
- Cc: gimp-user-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Tweaking performance
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:05:59 -0500
I think USB2 will be horribly slow, so no point of adding such drive. And, I hope that somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that GIMP uses /tmp that much if at all. What you really need is more RAM and a fast drive for the swap partition.
Throwing out another thought - can gimp temp and gimp swap be set up to use a ram based filesystem?
] [Thread Prev