Re: [Gimp-user] Changing the splash screen

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Hans Lienesch <hanslienesch hotmail com> wrote:
So I am subcontracted to do computer repair and restoration to PC's and
other items donated to a non profit that specifically caters to the needs of
people who are physically and developmentally handicapped. I take pictures
and put them on ebay to help sell stuff. Question: can I change the splash
somehow so it doesn't exclaim gimp on the load?

On linux systems, one can edit the file "gimp-splash.png" located at
/usr/share/gimp/2.0/images (or at least that's where Ubuntu sticks it
- but I imagine it's reasonable place to look on most distros).

On my XP sytem that file is at C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\images.

Chris