Re: [Gimp-user] Photoshop vs Gimp for mobile dev?

* Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> [12-31-11 14:11]:
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

I don't understand this statement, last sentence.  RAW support for/in gimp
is provided by the same decoder most of the commercial apps utilize,
dcraw.  And is updated much more frequently and w/o cost compared to the
"commercial" apps.

Only if you mean DCRaw. Because UFRaw development pretty much
stagnated. Two releases in last two years. Compare that to ACR.

:^)

<quote>  from above
is provided by the same decoder most of the commercial apps utilize,
dcraw.  And is updated much more frequently and w/o cost compared to
</quote>

and I cannot compare to ACR, will not pay license fees.  Rather buy glass
for my D3  :^).
--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member