Re: [Gimp-user] photoshop brush flow corresponding setting?

On 12/17/2011 10:37 AM, Steve Kinney wrote:
I never heard of that one before, but it is described in some
detail, with sample images, here:http://tinyurl.com/cdcb8jt

I don't think there is an equivalent GIMP brush setting, but I do
think that the intended effect can be obtained by adjusting the
diameter and "hardness" of a brush. For this it is handy to have a
user-created brush (or several of them) in your Brushes tab, and the
Brush Editor tab turned on, in your dialogs dock.

I think a better explanation of the flow option is this one:
http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/brushes/photoshop-brush-options-bar.php

And no, flow has nothing to do with diameter and hardness. I would call it "additive drawing" because with each pass over the same area more color is added even if you don't release the mouse button at all. The thing is that in GIMP the "incremental" option isn't adjustable, it is only on or of, plus it doesn't work as it should, like I said before.

Peter