Re: [Gimp-user] Brief feedback on 2.7.4

On 12/03/2011 05:20 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM, peter kostov wrote:

Big companies like Microsoft, Adobe, etc. are tolerating open source
software only as long as it lags behind seriously - both in time and in
features implemented.

You mean the way Adobe didn't give a damn about content-aware scaling
appearing as a 3rd  party GIMP plug-in a year before Photoshop CS4 was
out with it? :))))))))

No, I mean the big picture. And hopefully I am wrong!
Whatever the reason Gimp isn't getting the attention it deserves, despite it is being used even in bigger companies (I know of a VFX studio here for example). This leads to a slowdown in the development, which leads to even less attention and the circle closes. There are several key features, like eg. high bit depth editing and few others, that will for sure make Gimp the application of choice for much broader task range in many industries. It isn't hard to see who will be most affected in such a situation. This is what I am seeing from my corner of the world, but unfortunately I am far from the big events, so I might or might not be wrong.