Re: [Gimp-user] Crash

Rob Antonishen <rob antonishen gmail com> writes:

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer fsfe org> wrote:

    Bob Long writes:

    > Stefan Maerz wrote,
    >
    > [..]
    >
    >> It is possible to write a python-fu versioning system, right? I've yet
    >> to do anything with python-fu so I'm not sure.
    >>
    >> -Stefan
    >
    > I've never used it, but look at:
    > http://registry.gimp.org/node/14246
    >
    > "It will save a backup copy of your active image as
    > [imagename]-YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM.xcfgz in the same directory as your
    > active image."

    Just tried it, it works great :)

    Note: if you do two backups within one minute, only the last one will be
    saved. That's not really a bug though ;)

Would you like it to not overwrite?  I can change it fairly easily, by extending the
naming convention to add seconds :)

For me it's sufficient, but perhaps others make more frequent backups?
I just noticed because I was purposely testing for it.

-Kevin