Re: [Gimp-gui] I have an icon for GIMP macOS but I am unsure on how to send it.

Hi Chesky,

On 7/5/21 6:39 PM, Chesky Shulman via gimp-gui-list wrote:
The icon attached is great for the new GIMP for macOS.

Thanks for the proposal. We already had someone propose an icon for the macOS build following the new app icon design guidelines (which I guess is also what yours do): https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5507

Now as I already said on the report: if all it takes is "rounded-rectangle shape, a front-facing perspective, and a consistent drop shadow" (cf. the guidelines), which is what you propose, well why not. That's not too heavy a change (basically if that were about updating Wilber himself, that would be a no. Not because we don't want to update Wilber's design, we have discussions about it and it happened several times already; but because we don't want to update per-platform). So… why not.

But the main problem is that we have barely any contribution for the code and packaging for macOS (e.g. GIMP is 1-release late on macOS currently, we only provide GIMP 2.10.22 even though 2.10.24 was released for other platforms), so discussing about the icon before we even can get a package is a bit sad. But sure, once we get solid release process and contributors for macOS, just like we have for Linux and Windows, if the maintainers of these packages are also agreeing, we could have a dedicated icon.

Now we could already discuss about this in advance here in advance. Anyone has an opinion on the list about the 2 propositions so far and the fact of having a macOS-dedicated icon?

Jehan