[Gimp-gui] Toolbox Focus Issues

Hi All,

I have some old issues that only I am interested to discuss...

The toolbox is a dialog where we need the same behavior for each tool, for example, if we select the Paths tools on the Toolbox, what do we wait after? Well, I think, normally, to enable/open the Paths tool settings on Tool Options dialog, correct?

The single click on the Tool Box, when we are in MWW or SWM, it has an effect is not so evident, we must already to have enabled the tool options dialog. If you is enabling a Tool in the Tool Box dialog normally the user waits that the tool settings will be opened. To do it is necessary a double-click... but, I don't understand in the previous scenario the single click function.

For me and, perhaps for many users, the single click on toolbox is bit confuse or lost. If is working in MWM, for instance, and you have the tool options dialog separated from any dock, is possible to see the tool options changing but without to select the tool options dialog (this causes me a certain confusion .

I am able to understand the motivations of current behavior, someone could explain the reason why?

IMO, the ideal flow... would be:
# Single click on tool of the tool box > to open/select the Tool Options dialog. # Independent keyboard shortcuts of the text cursor kind position, or rather, if the mouse point is not over the textarea the keyboard shortcut is applied. That, to avoid the situation when the cursor point is located on the text box, of some dialog, and the key shortcut doesn't works and add only text in these fields.

Thanks,
americo